BE A ROLE MODEL, MAKE A DIFFERENCE, AND HAVE FUN!
What could be better than a summer outside working with great kids?
This is bound to be the best job you’ve ever had and the hardest work you’ll ever love! Campers come to our camps from all walks of life and find themselves in a caring, nurturing environment where they get to make friends and try new things, while creating lasting memories. Help fulfill our mission to develop children's inner strengths through outdoor exploration and adventure.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
• Ensuring both a physically and an emotionally safe environment.
• Creating values-forming experiences for young people.
• Providing an inclusive environment for youth in the outdoors.
Critical Success Factors:
• Experience working in the outdoors and the camp setting.
• Commitment to working with diverse groups.
• Excellent judgment and decision making skills.
• Strong group facilitation, communication, and conflict resolution skills.
• Experience facilitating activities with children.
• Experience making the transference of a camp experience relevant to the everyday lives of young people.
• Knowing how to have fun!
• Current first aid certification/CPR (can be provided).
• Clear criminal background check; safe driving record.
• Must be available for training in early June.
• 18 years of age by time of employment.
Why work at Red Oak Camps this summer?
- Receive specific and high quality training!
- Work with fantastic kids from supportive families!
- Develop great friendships!
- Earn a competitive salary!
- Work outdoors in an amazing setting!
Interested? Please contact our Executive Director (firstname.lastname@example.org).